Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older English single shot rifle that was rebored from .310 to .357 mag. long ago. The rifle is in really fine original condition and I would like to keep it that way. However the bore is pretty well shot out and tired and needs to be relined. Who can I find to do this job? I am in south Florida and there aren't any folks down here set up to do the job. Anyone out there had good experience with someone?

Please email me if possible with you answer. [email protected]

Thanks,

Clement C.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,320 Posts
If you don't get any suggestions from the forum, I'd send a PM to James Gates and see if he suggest someone.

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Clement:
I've often heard that Cliff LaBounty at LaBounty Precision Reboring and Rerifling in Maple Falls, Washington, is the best. Apparenty he's expensive and has quite a backlog.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Redmans, also in Washington, is the very expensive one, Cliff LaBounty is relatively inexpensive and does all of Hamilton Bowens barrel work. Cliff re-bored a .41 LC barrel for me for $100 when Redman wanted $250!

Redman does sell liners which are available through Brownell as are the tools to do the work. If you call Brownell they will send you the instruction sheet which will give you an idea if you want to try this yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts