Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a few new holsters for some of my Ruger single action revolvers. The revolvers will be a 4 5/8" Single Six in .32 Mag and a 6 1/2" Blackhawk (32-20,38-40,41 Mag). What I'm looking for is a belt holster that is lined with suede, or whatever, that will not wear the finish of the revolver as rapidly as straight holster leather seems to do. If the holster had the option of being used cross-draw style that might be a plus. I'm not looking for fast draw or any thing like that, just a good packing holster. I do not want any Cordura/Nylon holsters, I've got a few that I'll sell for real cheap...too much noise and I just don't like them. If there are any holsters that you've used, or know of, that fit these ideals, any info would be greatly appreciated. If you know of something good that is different, let me know, I'm not a holster guru, the gun I carry most fits nicely in my back pocket. I'm open to all cost ranges, but prefer something reasonably priced and functional, I don't need ornate leather work or leg tie downs, but I would like something quiet.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I have never got the funds but if I ever do let a holster for carry take a priority I will order from ElPaso Saddlery.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,466 Posts
I'll echo the Chief....Can't go wrong with Elpaso....

Hey Chief, hows that 38s&w shootin????

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheif and M14,
I appreciate the advice. I took a look at the El Paso Saddlery website, it looks like very nice stuff at somewhat reasonable pricing. Does anyone have any other favorites that they would reccomend?

Thanks,

Steven

·
Registered
471 Posts
I second that advice on the ElPaso Saddlery, the best holster I have seen, The workmanship is top of the line, Nice cross check in the leather, molds to the gun perfectly,Double stitched as well, if you need it a little looser fit, I used a hot wet towel, wrapped it around my wheelgun and stuffed it in,let it set for a while, this expanded it just right for a very quite quick draw.Good luck. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts