Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
To paraphrase an old quote from The Mother Earth News, "Let the men and women of ignorance speak". If there was a heat-seaking bullet available it would have an application in heavy traffic.......

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I imagine the Wisconsin DNR would frown on that, but if there is a hope of my uncle EVER getting a deer, that just might be it! :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wow....just wow. I truly hope someone clears that up for her. It reminds me of when Rosie didn't understand how people could suggest that heat can actually weaken steel. I guess she has never seen the fire-proofing that gets sprayed on during construction or what a blacksmith does when he wants to shape metal.

The other scary part is the anti-2nd Amendment crowd's belief the standard for whether you and I should be able to own a weapon or not is if it can be used when hunting. I don't guess this lady has ever studied the U. S. Constitution. Heck, I bet she hasn't even read it.

Can we come up with some type of aptitude test to determine voting eligibility? I think that would fix things.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just don't see anyone trying to take anyone's guns away. All the fed laws passed in past 2 years have favored gun owners or expanded right to carry arms. I do see a lot of hysterics and untruths by those who assert someone is taking away their gun right or their guns. As far as heat seeking bullet why would I want to shoot game in the arse or some other body part and ruin the meat or shoot an exhaust manifold? Just seems like an accident or disaster in the making. JMO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
JUst another person who does not have correct information trying to make legislation. Washington is full of people like that who make proposals based on false pretenses.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
blind leading the blind..but i don t like the idea..suppose that bullet finds a heat that you didn t notice ,like a man or cow or something..thats my first thought anyway..

·
Registered
970 Posts
Um, guys, she was talking about a "heat-seeking" bullet but there isn't one. She didn't know what she was talking about. I don't anyone has ever suggested we load firearms with Sidewinders.

And concerning the other comment, it is not hysterics to suggest people have tried and will continue to try to take peoples guns away. Bills have been introduced that have proposed outright bans on handguns and many politicians currently in office have publicly stated they support such measures. Australia and Great Britain said, "oh, they will never do that" and "they are just trying to scare people". Look where they are at now.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Um, guys, she was talking about a "heat-seeking" bullet but there isn't one. She didn't know what she was talking about. I don't anyone has ever suggested we load firearms with Sidewinders.

And concerning the other comment, it is not hysterics to suggest people have tried and will continue to try to take peoples guns away. Bills have been introduced that have proposed outright bans on handguns and many politicians currently in office have publicly stated they support such measures. Australia and Great Britain said, "oh, they will never do that" and "they are just trying to scare people". Look where they are at now.
Here's another great quote from McCarthy at the end. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,711 Posts
There are times when I'd like a missile or maybe a claymore mine to thin out the hogs!

But aside from that.... the depth of ignorance by people who promote themselves as authorities is staggering. I may not be able to sing, but I know how to heat-treat steel :D or at least could be bothered to go read about it if I needed to know more.

Zoar, you must be young.... it's been several good years for gun owners, but hang on. Never a shortage of idiots waiting to take away our freedom.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,129 Posts
Yes, misleading information by zealots wanting to disarm the American public doesn't really matter to them. It's what the liberal media eats up by the spoonful.

Today's Arizona Republic (a far left rag) has been campaigning since the Tucson incident about lax gun controls. The Lone Wolf store in Glendale, Az sales of hundreds of firearms to straw buyers and individuals who buy in bulk AK-47's and ammo hasn't helped matters. The paper today says there's a concerted push by the anti-gun movement to get Obama off-center on gun control laws. Said they were very disappointed he didn't mention tighter controls in his State of the Nation speech.

We all need to gear up in supporting our gun rights groups - not hunker down and wait for things to blow over.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yes, misleading information by zealots wanting to disarm the American public doesn't really matter to them. It's what the liberal media eats up by the spoonful.

Today's Arizona Republic (a far left rag) has been campaigning since the Tucson incident about lax gun controls. The Lone Wolf store in Glendale, Az sales of hundreds of firearms to straw buyers and individuals who buy in bulk AK-47's and ammo hasn't helped matters. The paper today says there's a concerted push by the anti-gun movement to get Obama off-center on gun control laws. Said they were very disappointed he didn't mention tighter controls in his State of the Nation speech.

We all need to gear up in supporting our gun rights groups - not hunker down and wait for things to blow over.
Every one needs to stand up and be counted , not as little groups fighting amongst each other about their own personal thing .Stand together .
We falled on this point , as the trappers , Hunters , and those all in the shooting sports , argured with one another , while the goverment passed the *#$% dam Laws we have on the books here in CANADA.:mad:
History if one does not learn from it -tends to repeat it's self!!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,711 Posts
Yeah that would be a little rough on our feeders though. We'd have to armor plate them :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts