Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was don44 before the disaster. Now I`m Don_Leffler and I don`t have any way to correct it as far as I know. I`m still don44 on loadswap, so I don`t understand it. Oh well! Anybody have ideas or suggestions? Thanks,

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Don,
I checked the members list and don44 is still listed. I suspect you are having the same trouble I had when the site first came back up.
Basically, I had to act as if I had forgotten my password and request to have it reset. When you try to sign in under don44, click on the link that asks you if you've forgotten your password then follow the instructions given. Hopefully that'll get you back under your origanal handle. If no luck, post again and we'll try something else! IDShooter

·
Banned
126 Posts
I had the same problem and was unable to get a confirmation of my old password, although i am sure what it was.

dclark:rolleyes:

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
dclark1,
yes, that's true. I ended up getting a new password, then I reset it to what I wanted. I hope don44 persists and is able to get back aboard! ID

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Don:
My new password was an 8 digit number and it took 15 minutes or more to come in. The delay might have been my email server. Enter it and log in, then click on "USER CP" at the top of the page and edit your password. You'll probably want to check your profile and options when you're in there.

Holler if you still have problems.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's probably an issue with your email changing from the time you signed up and the server got back online. All I need to get your old username back up and running is your old username and a working email from you. With that I can reset your password and send you an email with your new password from which you can follow the directions set forth by Mr. Monteith.

Email: [email protected]

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for the replies, I think Alex is going to fix it. You`re a great group to ask anything of.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Help! I still can`t get my old user name back and I`ve tried 3 times. I would really like to get don44 up and running again, I don`t like the new name I somehow got stuck with. Please someone help me out with this. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don,

Just sent an email to your email @webtv.net. Please follow the instructions carefully and as soon as possible. This will get you in as don44, then post here and we'll help you put your password to something you can remember.

Best Regards,

Alex Stanton

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alex, no matter what I do I keep coming back as Don_Leffler. So I guess I`ll just forget about it. Thanks for trying anyway. When the user name says don44 I come on as Don_Leffler, so I don`t know.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,315 Posts
Don,

I'll hazard a guess that the cookie on your system is behind this. Alex can tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that deleting cookies & then logging in fresh might help.

Just a theory.... hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don,

In essence, Mike's right, you need to remove your cookies. However it's a bit easier than deleting all of your cookies. Just have the forum system log you out. Either click on "Log Out" above, or follow the link below.

http://shootersforum.com/forums/member.php?action=logout

Do that, I'll send out another password request, and just follow once again the instructions in this new email. We'll get you back as don44 yet.

Best Regards,

Alex Stanton

·
Registered
156 Posts
Alex, Thank you so much for getting me back in as don44! That deleting the cookie bit worked and I do appreciate it. Thanks to all those who replied to this post also. Way to go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts