Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 25 Posts

· Registered
7,850 Posts
That was a good story (about a bad event). You sure were lucky after all! Are you able to walk yet?

Oh. And welcome from New Mexico, JYD!

· Registered
7,850 Posts
Marshal, I have seen more than one 22LR wounds. They are scary to look at because they'll travel under the skin and then exit or ricochet of bone or whatever. I saw a fellow's wound from a 22 that hit him in the back above the hip and hit a rib. It must've ricocheted because it drove upward either stopping or exiting near his shoulder. Nasty looking - it looked similar to the OP's wound, as if it had sliced open the whole way or else the doctor did. Maybe it did. And that's not the only one.

I think if it was me in that outhouse, the first thing I'd of thought of was: "Where's my firearm?". It isn;t so much that it's an accident, rather it's that you don;t know it's innocent until the smoke clears, so to speak.

ON EDIT: And as Model 52 says, there're doctor's incisions weighed into the equation too.

· Registered
7,850 Posts
Thanks, and yes this happened in 1994 in the Utah mountains, in Sanpete County.
I did not have a pic to show, so for an example used a stock pic off Google.
Well sir, I change my tune. I think NSB nailed it - that story is to draw attention to your site.

Nothing in your original post OR in the article says anything about it happening 20 years ago. In fact, unless I'm a fool, everyone in here is led to believe this just happened last week! And.... why use a generic picture from Google to show a wound that didn;t occur to you?
Nothing in your post or article evens infers that the picture was not available. I guess I am a fool for seeing a wound entirely healed from an accident occurring a few days ago. Sucker!

I think sir, after leading us down that path, that the entire story is untrue, including your thanking the Lord. Why use God to dress up a story that is already suspect and may be entrely false? This is not the forum for your stories.

ON EDIT: I'll tell you how to maybe exonerate yourself. Print this page. Pull your pants down. Hold the printed page near the wound. Take a picture. Post it in this thread.

1 - 3 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.