Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this fourm, I've a rifle scope, 4x40 the only letters of ID on scope are BA_ _NGER, any ideas, The rifle the scope is on is a Parker Hale 1000 from the 70s

·
Super Moderator
13,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in and have fun.

Are the two underscores meant to indicate missing or illegible characters, or is what you wrote what you actually see stamped into the scope? It's not familiar to me, but in the 70's some large hardware and department store chains still had custom branding on guns and accessories that you don't see now. I'm wondering if you got one of those?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mistake, 3 & 4 letters of the name are missing. The view through the scope is wide angle (oval)

·
Super Moderator
13,431 Posts
Sounds like a Redfield brand Widefield scope. Bought out and gone some time ago. They may have OEM'd the design for a supplier in the 70's, though. Chuck Hawks has some information on them, but I find him sometimes a bit careless with facts, so double-check any critical details that interest you.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
A company name Kassnar also produced a 4X wide-view model during that time frame. It might be worth researching their model(s) too.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
try looking on the underside of the scope back near the occular and see if there are any markings there, if so post what you see. such as country of mfr, midel # and any initials or company logo's or what not. i can't find anything listed in my reference book with any refeerence to BA--NGER as a sub model to any particular mfr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts