Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt at posting a picture using a host web sight so hang on.

This is the sign in board at camp to my little corner of the world, for now. We get priced out of leases so fast it will make your head spin. We should be ablle to count on this one for the next 5 years but after we get it going someone else will get it.

You will have to guess what the white poles are.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,226 Posts
Chief,

Not sure what this was supposed to be, looks like it got mangled on this end.

If you can't straighten it out, send me a PM with the link.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now if I can get'em down to a presentable size I have it made. I guess MSN Picture It was not it for me. This little pump gun was bought used with that Redfield 4X on it and the previous owner had done a little courageous trigger work on it. It shoots little tiny groups for a light thin barrel carbine and I have a lot of confidence in shot placement. This year I hope my handloads are up to the task. It downs deer with core locs and Winchester BTs but my previous handloads were lacking. I've beefed em up this year and used a Hornady 150 gr SST. Looking for some impressive takedowns but not kidding myself about meat lose.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Chief,

You must have a bit of Pennsylvanian in you. That Remington pump is one of the most popular deer sticks up here in the Keystone State. I wish I had a buck for every freezer full of venison the 760/7600 family provides every year!

As for your photos, are you using a digital or scanned negatives? With the former I'd suggest any older "obsolete" version of Adobe PhotoShop. Once the newest version becomes available the "old" ones take a nose-dive in price. I picked-up a copy of Version 4.0 a couple years ago for less than $20. If you're using negative film or photos, try getting your next roll of film put onto a CD-ROM when it gets developed. I've used CD's from Kodak and Konica and they both have built-in capability to resize a photo quite easily.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
I'll echo what Bill said about Photoshop. Not only can you scale your pictures, but it has loads of other creating and editing tools. I've been using it for about 5 years now to convert maps made in GIS programs to something I can email to clients, family and friends. It has a bit of a learning curve if you get real fancy, but the basics of scaling and such are very intuitive. I'm still just scratching the surface on a lot of it's features, but have turned out some proposals that have been well received.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's a sweet looking rifle Chief. I've alway's wondered why those aren't more popular here in Washington for Blacktails.

·
Banned
555 Posts
chief, i think my next rifle project will most likely be a .375 whelen imp./760.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a plan. Will you be able to work with the thin barrel? The one on mine is very small. Definitely made for sporting weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts