Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my name is Nate and I apologize if starting a thread here was not the proper thing to do, I would just like to introduce myself and get familiarized with everyone before I start getting involved with posting in other areas of the form.

I'm from Baltimore ( the county, although it's still not exactly a second amendment haven) and grew up hunting ducks on the Chesapeake bay. As I got older I began to prefer hunting deer in the brier scrambled Appalachian mountains which is where my family is from, so I have extended family with private property I can hunt on.

These days my schedule doesn't allow for much hunting, but my new passion is prepping for various emergency scenarios. I'm not the paranoid type, I just enjoy the process and the comfort of being able to deal with whatever mother nature, stupid people, and anything else can throw at me. I don't want to be the guy who cant protect his family and has to be herded into evacuations zones.

That being said, forgive me if I breach etiquette, I am very passionate about my guns and I am always looking for new knowledge tips and tricks.

Thank you for reading and I hope I can contribute!

·
Premium Member
14,826 Posts
I hope I can contribute!
Welcome!! You've already have contributed and we're looking forward to more.

Reactions: motobreath138

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hows it going from Australia.
Good intro and fun hobby .
Better than collecting buterflies :)
What have you got for a survival gun?/guns?:)

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
Heh!! Shrek !!! What's wrong with collecting butterflies ???? Didn't you know I was an avid collector ?????;):D

Joking apart, welcome to the very best forum. Look forward to sharing whatever you have to say about hunting and shooting and the area you have access to sounds very much like mine ...lots of brambles which our deer certainly love.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Welcome from South Arkansas, home of the original Squirrel Helper.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Heh!! Shrek !!! What's wrong with collecting butterflies ???? Didn't you know I was an avid collector ?????;):D

what do you collect them with your 410?
:)
22 br ?
? :)

Man i love it when you post that Byrl it gets me laughing every time . Awesome :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Welcome, this is a good forum and lots of folks like to help others here. Humpy

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the best shooters' site on the internet!

And welcome from Northern Nevada, where men are still men and women are still happy with that!
We don't worry about prepping for major catastrophes 'round here. Just normal everyday life is enough adventure.
For instance, traveling back from driving to the top of a 10,000 foot mountain, we saw two yearling bighorn ewes placidly cropping forbs about 100 feet from US50. This was between the Shoe Tree and the road up to the Bench Creek Ranch. Or watching a pronghorn race down the valley, dodging rocks and shrubs at breakneck speed and wondering if I could be hallucinating. Or seeing a column of smoke rise from an aircraft crash three miles from my office. Just another day... :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, my name is Nate and I apologize if starting a thread here was not the proper thing to do, I would just like to introduce myself and get familiarized with everyone before I start getting involved with posting in other areas of the form.

I'm from Baltimore ( the county, although it's still not exactly a second amendment haven) and grew up hunting ducks on the Chesapeake bay. As I got older I began to prefer hunting deer in the brier scrambled Appalachian mountains which is where my family is from, so I have extended family with private property I can hunt on.

These days my schedule doesn't allow for much hunting, but my new passion is prepping for various emergency scenarios. I'm not the paranoid type, I just enjoy the process and the comfort of being able to deal with whatever mother nature, stupid people, and anything else can throw at me. I don't want to be the guy who cant protect his family and has to be herded into evacuations zones.

That being said, forgive me if I breach etiquette, I am very passionate about my guns and I am always looking for new knowledge tips and tricks.

Thank you for reading and I hope I can contribute!
Hi nate

Welcome.

I am from up the way in Delaware. Amazing our states both used to be and are now so far to the left. We still have decent gun rights in Delaware but are always prepared for attacks on our rights. I figure Maryland would learn their lesson after the Baltimore riots. Bet if all those liberal senators and representatives from MD actually spent some time in areas of Baltimore where the riots occurred with no guns or bodyguards they might just be able to understand why we want the right to carry guns.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'll find a lot to digest here. We have everything from newbies to some older heads who are downright EXPERT in their opinions/information. And I mean that in the most complementary way. Several have welcomed you here already. I ain't one of them.
As for being a being a bit of a prepper, that'll fit right in. Most don't talk a lot about it, but we ALL do it.
A note. If you're too busy to hunt, you're TOO BUSY. Find time. MAKE time. It is far more important than you know. Good for man's soul to get out in nature and at least observe, if not harvest, some of our Creator's bounty that he intended for us.
Again, welcome.

·
Registered
251 Posts

Joking apart, welcome to the very best forum. Look forward to sharing whatever you have to say about hunting and shooting and the area you have access to sounds very much like mine ...lots of brambles which our deer certainly love.
Hey Sus, I hope you don't use a gun for collecting butterflies!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts