Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having never shot an in-line ML, I have to ask: What do you fellers take with you when you shoot them thar contraptions? Please forgive my ignorance, I've shot mostly flintlocks for over the last twenty years or so. Do you carry possible bags, short starters, screw drivers, pliers, other stuff?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
short starters, dog bone cappers, primers, a primer ejector tool, breech plug wrench for the just in case, an altoids tin with alcohol patches in it, some dry patches, and Lane's loading tubes with my powder, and an altoids tin with my bullets.

·
Registered
550 Posts
when hunting with my inline, i take 3 or 4 powder tubes that have my powder/bullets inside them. For primers, i bought this little thing made by TC that holds 3 primers and attaches to whatever you want it to be on. I prefer to chain it to my rifle sling. I'll also carry a Palm Saver for certain bullets that are stiffer to load.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What are the alcohol patches for?
I swab with a patch between shots. This removes the fouling for the most part, from the barrel and keeps the rifle more consistent shot to shot. The greater the consistency, the greater the accuracy.

·
Banned
35 Posts
What do you use to remove spent 209 primers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
FrontierGander where did you get those little powder tubes, those are slick, as a matter of fact what do all you fellas use for carrying pre measured loads?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
CVA makes a de-capper tool to grab a hold of them 209 primers. Its for all of us that have no finger nails. CVA and Traditions are made of metal and are top quality. T/C are plastic and do not last very long.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I bought 100 of them powder tubes. You measure out the amount of powder you like, put a piece of masking tape on the tube and with a marker write the amount and kind of powder on it. Now you have say six of them in your pocket and your all set to hunt. I carry the projectiles in an Altoids tin along with the sabots or patches. Works real good. I can find the name of the guy that sells the tubes if you like. His name is Lane.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts