Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with figuring out how to disassemble a "Competitor" SSP I purchased over the weekend. It's chambered in 7mm-08.

I have the barreled action out of the stock and have removed the cap screw which tightens the barrel in place (it's loose now but can't be removed yet because there's still a trapped cross-pin). I've also figured out how to remove the dovetailed assembly on the rear of the breech mechanism. But I can't figure out how to take apart the breech mechanism any further. I can't find any schematic online or other info. Of course the company is out of business.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just checked my files, I have a downloaded copy of a Competitor manual, send me a pm and I will try to send you a copy. If I can make it work.
Also try Redbird Gun Parts, I found him on eBay and bought a reprint SSP-91 manual a year or so ago.
Interesting pistols, mine is a SSP-91 in .308. Information is out there, but scarce. Be careful last time I looked, parts were nearly impossible to find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just checked my files, I have a downloaded copy of a Competitor manual, send me a pm and I will try to send you a copy. If I can make it work.
Also try Redbird Gun Parts, I found him on eBay and bought a reprint SSP-91 manual a year or so ago.
Interesting pistols, mine is a SSP-91 in .308. Information is out there, but scarce. Be careful last time I looked, parts were nearly impossible to find.
I have a competitor in 308 and I am looking for a manual.

Note from moderators***
Yak, if you notice the dates posted, this is a very old thread, by folks who haven't been here in a while.
Also, it's a unwise decision to post your full email on a public forum.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
42 Posts
Searched to find out what kind of pistol that was. Found the Competitor pistol website at www.competitor-pistol.com They have some contact numbers, so that may help. Didn't see anything about downloading a manual.
Blackhawk355, I just stumbled across this thread from years ago. Checked out the web site for Competitor and found it interesting. It seems to date to 2012.
Unfortunately, the gentleman that was Competitor, Al Straitiff, passed away in 2016 and things folded. Rumor has been that his son, Richard, was attempting to ressurect the Competitor, but I don't know about any success he may have had.
If 223Lee will send me a pm with his email, I'll send him a copy of the Competitor diagram I still have in my files.
If anyone has an disassembly diagram for a SSP 91 [or SSP 86], I would appreciate a copy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
...If 223Lee will send me a pm with his email, I'll send him a copy of the Competitor diagram I still have in my files....
Unfortunately 223Lee hasn’t been back to the forum in over three years so he won’t see your generous offer.

The story goes that the fellow who designed the Lone Eagle picked up where Magnum Research left off when they stopped production. A friend once owned a Lone Eagle which I was able to shoot once. Interesting in design, but ungainly and awkward to use, IMO antway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts