Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a Winchester Custer's Last Stand commemorative for sale in 30-30 that is number 108 of 300. It is NIB, unfired. I have been trying to find what the actual market value may be but have not had any success.It is not in the 31st ed of the Blue Book nor has one sold on Gunbroker in last 90 days. I would appreciate any assistance anyone may provide.

Thanks and Have a Blessed Day ![/SIZE][/SIZE]

·
Registered
788 Posts
I suspect its market value is just about what a NIB or mint condition .30-30 Model 94 would be, unless you can find someone who actually collects. Otherwise, it is a shooter to many.
As I understand it, Winchester flooded the market with these 'commemoratives' so that there is not too much collector demand for them.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
FWIW, there is NO "Custer's Last Stand" .30-30 (Model 94) commerative listed, anywhere.

There are .44-40 (Model 92) "Little BigHorn" commemoratives (Canadian issue), and one other .44-40 - so that .30-30 is most likely a special run, made for some entity to sell as a collectible to those with an interest in Custer & his Last Stand.

Pretty much like the Danforth Mint makes fancy dishes with John Wayne's picture on them, for a pretty penny.

So, as posted - pay what it's worth to YOU.

If you're a Custer buff, or the look of it just takes your fancy - hey, I like some redheads, so why shouldn't someone else "enjoy" ? :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
There were many "commemoratives" that were NOT made or marketed by Winchester. America Remembers, Cherrys, American Historical Foundation, and others. Investment Arms ( under several different names) had and still does linited production of collector rifles, under various catagories. You might want to get on their websites to research. My guess is they probably sold for around $1500-1900......but only a guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts