Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
What did I expect from the internet. Thanks for nothing guys.
Most of what you are asking is part of a subject called exterior ballistics. To cover those irems in a forum post would take an exorbitant amount of time and effort. The information you seek is available readily on the internet. Apparently you are too lazy to do your own research. And you’re welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What did I expect from the internet. Thanks for nothing guys.
On second reflection, I'm sorry that miscommunication and misunderstanding may have led to the responses here, not least my own. The point of your assignment seems to be to an interaction as a source. Perhaps even this thread can be included as a note on the difficulties of internet threads as a research element. Point: Go where the experience and knowledge resides and you'll inevitably find..."Old Guys". ( At least in the subjects you listed.) Goes with the territory and reason you're here. Sometimes patience can be lacking.
I'm assuming you are able, sorry if you're not, but seriously think of going to a range for a dalliance with personal exposure. Get off the desk. Make a demo target and print it into your paper. Talk to an instructor about examples of where all those things exist in what you're doing. Try to record it all for later revision. They could probably give you sample charts and references relevant to all those examples as well.
You might even like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could anyone explain trajectory, wind drift, recoil, velocity, and accuracy? Also, provide at least two examples using gunning calculations.
Trjaectory: Path an object follows from point of origin to point of termination.
Winddrift: change in trajectory base on wind affects.
Recoil:Classical physics - a reacation of equal proportion to an action.
Velocity: the speed of something in a given direction
Accuracy: Abiity to Impact a specified point in space.

There - there - that should get you an A+. For full credit do this -
Reference
When your professors or instructors say you need to give reference to some work that you used in your paper, it means that you should indicate where you got the work or information from. There are a variety of ways to write references such as APA style, MLA style, and Chicago style. Your professors or instructors will want you to use one of these styles to write references at the end of your paper. When readers read your paper, they should be able to know where you the sources have come from.

NOT this -
Plagiarize

Plagiarizing means that you have taken information, ideas, or phrasing from a source and then used them in your own text without mentioning anything about the author who originally created your sources. In a way, you are stealing something from people without telling the people who had created the original source. For more information on plagiarism, click here.

·
The Shadow
7,663 Posts
There - there - that should get you an A+. For full credit do this -

Sorry, I'm afraid you forgot to provide him with examples using the gunning fog index; as his instructors asked hi.....err.....as he asked you to do.

Guess that's only going to be a B-.....:LOL:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mate, don't take it the wrong way but you sound a bit like a pampered millennial Luvvy used to having his mummy tie his shoe laces every day. There is a thing called google, just feed the individual terms into it and it will willingly and without judgement answer all your queries. Better yet, do a field trip to a gun range or club, get a real feel for the subject, unless you are a biased observer with an anti-gun mindset and an agenda. Most kids wouldn't even want anyone to do things for them satisfy their curiosity, unless it was a chore and they were just plain lazy.
Very well said sikadeer ... it was what I was trying to say also !
Gary

·
Registered
575 Posts
The OP hasn’t been back to the forum since his last post 9 days ago. He likely didn’t see any of the subsequent comments and responses. Let’s give this now-pointless thread a rest, shall we?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,019 Posts
Agreed, Carpe - His last response indicated he wasn't satisfied with any postings and he would discontinue the discussion. Thread closed.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.