Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, found this 30-06 round in some ammo my Dad gave me a few years ago just found them on a shelf while doing a little inventory. Does anyone know who manufactured them and how old they are, any information would be appreciated. Thanks

·
The Shadow
7,496 Posts
Sears sold ammo up until the early 1980's. Early on was a

Western/Winchester/Olin sourcing. Later Nickle primed stuff was coming from Federal. The federally sourced stuff began something around the early 1960's, I believe.
So early 1960's to something like 1982-83. Would likely be a 180gr bullet, but think there were some 150's also.

I know a lot of that was covered in a book on the 30-06 by a guy with the last name of Punnett.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
I thought CCI/Speer did those. At about the same time, CCI/Speer was making Browning marked ammo.
Western Auto 22LR ammo came from CIL in Canada.

·
The Shadow
7,496 Posts
Don't know about other calibers, but think you are correct about CIL doing some 22LR. This 30-06 question came up years ago on another forum.
Pretty sure I'm remembering correctly.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had some Norma "Alaska loads" in 7x57==175 gr, steel jacketed round nose. I know they made a similar 30-06 round that was issued USFS personnel in grizzly country.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts