Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all, Since i recently joined this site i thought i might as well tell alittle about myself. Im a 17 year old from RI. I was lucky enough to be born into a family of republicans and my father has been supporting my shooting addiction for quite awhile now. Ive also been apart of my local sportsman club for about 3 years now. Im also a life sson to be eagle scout in the Boy scouts of America. I always see my father on this site and i finally thought i might as well join and be able to learn a thing or two

But if anyone is interested in what guns i shoot here they are:

Glock 17 9mm (all black, original series)
Sig sauer Mosquito(all black)
Henry lever action octagon barreled Frontier Model
Mossburg 300 folding stock (came with a real stock but i keep putting off switching the two stocks)
Glock 39 compact
walther ppk

Thats mostly it, im working on saving money from my part time job to go towards a m1 grand.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you've been lurking any you'll know the main rules are to join in and have fun and keep it polite.

Sounds like your dad is bringing you up right. My dad and I have shared the shooting bug since I was small, and we still do. It's a terrific excuse to hang out together.

Keep an eye on the CMP site's Garand sales area. Get yourself into a CMP clinic and when you turn 18 you can be qualified to buy one. The service rifle match bug may bite you? Those guns are a lot of fun to work with and shoot.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Welcome!

M1 Garands are pretty awesome, I bought my first a few years ago and since then a few more have found their way into my safe.

If you are into pistol shooting, check out the USPSA site for information on competing in your area. The G17 fits nicely into the production category.

www.uspsa.com

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the site, im taking a look at my funds and planning out how long it will take to get it, I wish the gun shops in my state sold m1's for 600 bucks but they all seem to be around 800. the 60 days will no doubt eat away at my paitence

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and matts for now im set one my pistol collection, im lucky enough that my father is going to put all put the ppk in my name when i get my blue card

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You sound like a fortunate young man who has a family that supports his sporting interest. Keep up your effort to obtain that Eagle Scout rank. I didn't finish my project and never got mine which is one of my largest regrets in life. I too am looking forward to obtaining a M1 Garand. I have been gun collecting for 40 years and have never owned one.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Welcome to the site from another Eagle Scout. Did some work later as a Scoutmaster for years but currently haven't had the time in the last decade. Garands are addicting as my intro to them was in High School when I was on the AFJROTC drill team. Have owned 8 in the past and currently without one, great rifles none the less. Good luck on the Eagle and toward a Garand.

CD

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, i already have my project planned and have all my merit badges, but the council my troop is apart is a apin in the butt and they putb off doing eagle boards until the last possible minute. im not sure what will be harder to wait for, the m1 or the eagle board

1 - 8 of 8 Posts