Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Am looking forward to getting to know the people here and share in the knowledge. I mostly hunt paper and skeet but do enjoy hunting for game even though I don't get a lot of time to do either.

God Bless,

EW

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome here, EW!

You'll find that most of the guys here are a real welcoming crowd. Lots of knowledgeable people here able to help out with things, and lots of guys (like me) willing to learn.

Tell us more about yourself: what do you like to shoot in particular? What game do you hunt? What else do you like to do?

I'm in school right now myself, so I can't pursue this great hobby, but I'm graduating in June, so I'll have lots of cash to throw around! :D I'm thinking about getting into varminting, and hope to get my first deer ever this coming season.

See you around the forum!

Matt M

·
Banned
421 Posts
Welcome to the forum EW! This is the friendliest forum on the web. We gladly pool our knowledge for the greater good of all. We look forward to your input. Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks! Mostly hunt for squirrel and deer during seasons and off season I like to see what I can call up, such as crows or coyotes. Have hunted the creek bottoms for wild pigs but I'm not crazy about it as it quickly turns into a chore. I also like to target practice as much as possible, tinkering with my reloads to see what's best for each rifle. More trigger time I feel makes you better in the field.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I think most everybody here wishes they could hunt more! We're getting as many people started reloading as we can and bragging about new guns everyday! :D

Welcome!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a big fan of Savage rifles and currently own 3 chambered in .222 Rem, .223 Rem, and .30-06 Springfield. I also own a Winchester model 70 .270 that I tend to favor for deer. I got a chronograph for christmas from my wife and have been developing a load for my .222.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
you said the magic words..anybody that understands the savage accuracy ,,talks my language.. they sure nuff accurate,, huh..good to have you here..its gettin so i can t take advantage of mine,,for various reasons ..but like ole wheylen said..accurate rifles are interesting..slim:)

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
A man who shoots the .270 AND the Triple Deuce?! I think I may have found a new friend! :)

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Welcome to the best gun forum on the web from a NW LA neighbor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes they are! My dad has the 270 and my grandpa handed down the triple deuce to my mom. The coyotes don't get alone very well with the ol 222. Good seeing a new hunter join. oh i better not forget about bragging on the 270, he went antelope hunting a couple of years ago. The antelope came in to about 350 and he shot over it, but when it stopped again around 420 he put the hammer down. So to clear things up it wasn't the guns fault.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Welcome EW, and sounds like you have a good start on a capable gun collection for big and small!

What are you using for skeet? I occasionally shoot skeet, mostly with a Browning Auto 5 20 gauge, which is also my favored chukar gun.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm using a Remington 1100 LT 20 gauge. It's a whole lot easier on the shoulder after a day of skeet than a 12.

·
Banned
426 Posts
For sure!

I'm using a Remington 1100 LT 20 gauge. It's a whole lot easier on the shoulder after a day of skeet than a 12.
Welcome to the gang!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum EW, I used to use a Sauer 90 in .270 on Texas Dall rams in the hill country and whitetails in Kentucky. Classic cartridge!

Shawn- Nice to see another A5 shooter. I use mine in 12ga for skeet also (along with quail, rabbit and deer)

CD

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Lived near the hill country once but never did get to hunt it. Definately learned why it's called the hill country though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the gang. I was just down hunting in the Gonzales, Texas area in December. You are sure are lucky with all the different critters down there. My first deer rifle was a Win model 70 Ranger in 270. Got my first deer with it. Can't go wrong with the 270 for deer or similar game.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts