Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Bill Marney Sr. aka "Hilljack", I am a Muzzleloader from Florida...I know Mr. Gates and have had many a wonderful discussions and a few outings with him.

I build and shoot only Muzzleloaders both for Competition and Hunting all over the US and even Canada. My favorite style of rifle is English Halfstocks in Flint, although I do have some percussion. I shoot mainly Round balls but I am building a barrel that is set up for shooting 45 Cal slugs with a range of up to 600 yards at this time.

I also load metallic cartridge for some rifles, lived in mainly the Northwest and Alaska except for the last 12 years.

The calibers I shoot range from 32 Cal to 62 Cal, it looks like you have some interesting discussions...

I would like to thank you for your time and reading my thoughts and opinions...

Bill

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
You'e most welcome here sir!  Glad to have your experience on board.  Interesting, but I've always wanted to get a moose with a smoke-pole... I imagine you have some experience along those lines judging from your background.  We'll look forward to hearing from you!

Make yourself at home here, get comfortable and enjoy!

God Bless,

Marshall Stanton

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Friends All....You better watch this guy Hilljack, as he is very strange! All jokes aside, Bill is a welcome addition to out Beartooth Forum Family! He is very knowledgeable and will spend time helping new shooters.
Welcome Bill....when did they let you out?
Best Regards, James

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You to both of you...Of course especially to James, he has offered and given some very good advise in the past...

I hope that my experience will be of benefit to some one...I will be heading out to a couple of shoots this weekend...

Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You to both of you...Of course especially to James, he has offered and given some very good advise in the past...

I hope that my experience will be of benefit to some one...I will be heading out to a couple of shoots this weekend...

Bill

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Hilljack,
Welcome to the forum.  These guys are great.  How did you end up in Florida from Alaska?  Just kidding.  I live in Girdwood, AK, as you can tell by my handle, but my work takes me all over southcentral Ak, from Icy Bay near Mt. St. Elias on the 141st Meridian across the northern gulf coast, through the Copper River country, Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords down to around Port Graham on the southern tip of the Kenai Peninsula.  I'm looking to get into shooting some of the Sharps cartridges and sounds like you have some experience in that.   Please check out some of the posts and any input you have, let us know.

For those interested in the super high end of muzzleloaders, check out: www.trackofthewolf.com.  There's some really nice rifles and such, way out of my price range, but fun to look at.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you...I've lived in Kodiak (4 yrs), Homer (2yrs) and Sitka (2yrs)...My middle son was born on Kodiak...

Most of my experience is with Muzzleloaders not much with BP Cartridge...Standard metallic cartridge yes...SO I don't know how much help I can be to this group...You will help me more than the other way around I believe...

Hilljack

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hilljack,
          Welcome!
          I to am a Flintlock fan for over 20 years.
I have a few percusion guns a well but haven't droped a hammer on them for a couple of years.

I have been into muzzleloading most of my life even though I'm slowing up a mite on it I will always be in it.
 I have parted company with the NMLRA because of the party line on Inline Rocket rifles.

Marko

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand your thoughts, but when and where I can I like to shoot and have a good time...There are many that have parted ways, but you can still particpate...

I mainly prefer English Styled Flinters, and some of them rather large bores...62 cal, 58 cal and so on...Good to hear there are a few smoke polers here...

Hilljack

·
Registered
339 Posts
Black powders in the blood,  as go's the blackpowder so go's the shooters.....marko

1 - 10 of 10 Posts