Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with Konus, or specifically a Konus M30 4.5-16X40? How does it stack up against Leupold or Bushnell?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Mine Was A.......

.......POS. A real POS.

I figured that I would try a pistol scope from them on my new single shot handgun. When it arrived and I looked thru it,it was all clouded up. It also looked as if the internal side of the lens was scratched up in 8-10 different places.

I promptly sent it back to the distributor. Point is.....something that frigged up should have never passed ANY kind of QA procedure. The fact that it was,makes me doubt the company and their policies.

How does a Konus stack up against Leupold(which I own 15 or so of) ?? Hmmmmm ?? I'd say kinda like a High Point vs STI or Ed Brown. Remember with Leupold you do not have to spend $800 for a really good scope. Stick with their VXI or VXII line and you will get a quality scope for average money. ------pruhdlr

·
Registered
817 Posts
To me there are too many good, established scope builders out there to risk my money on something just because its priced right. With optics you usually get what you pay for. Buy a scope from a company with a good track record such as Leupold, Nikon, Burris, Weaver, etc. any you will be much happy in the long run even if you have to wait a few weeks while you save up the funds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts