Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I successfully made the move from 35 miles west of Chicago to Northern Idaho (Sandpoint) and am in desperate need of a hunting partner.  Now before you go assuming that I am some shoot my rifle once a year, hunt from a heated mega-SUV, tie the animal on the roof city dweller, let me give you some details....

I grew up on a farm in S. Indiana.  I have hunting and trapped just about everything that walks, crawls, and flys.  I prefer wild game (as do my wife and kids) to beef, am an avid handloader, have a fair sense of humor, collect custom using knives, brew my own beer, have my own truck, don't believe in whining, have a very high tolerance for pain, believe that it is ok to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, am great under pressure, and enjoy field dressing game.

Seriously though, I am anxious to start hunting again as much as I can and would really appreciate meeting someone in this area that wouldn't mind having some seasoned company while out in the woods.  

Thanks,

Mark

(Edited by Lefty Hunter at 10:56 am on Aug. 21, 2001)

(Edited by Lefty Hunter at 12:29 pm on Aug. 21, 2001)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congratulations on your move. I can't help you up there as I'm in S.W. Idaho, and hunt area 33-34-35, but perhaps someone up north can give you some advice.

As to custom knives, there are two in your area, that i know about, who make great knives. "Pack River Knife Co.," handmade knives by Steve Mullin, of Sandpoint, and Idaho Knife Works, Spirit Lake, 509-994-9394.  Check 'em out when you have time.

Best of luck on your hunt.  L.W.

(Edited by Leanwolf at 10:27 am on Aug. 23, 2001)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lefty, I just saw the post below by Don Schmidt, "Elk Hunting." He's new in Sandpoint, and is going to hunt elk this fall in that area. Perhaps you and he could get together and see if an elk hunt could be worked out between you???

Just a suggestion. L.W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts