Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I'm brand new to the forum and i thought i would reach out to you guys about an issue I am currently having. I have a Remington 700 ADL chambered in .308 Winchester, paired with a timney trigger (#510), with a vortex Viper HST 6-24x50, in the vortex precision matched rings, currently mounted in a McRees Precision G7 Chassis.

This last trip out to the range to sight in for an upcoming javelina hunt my first two shots were about 4 inches high I dialed down 4 moa and had two touching about an inch and a half to the left. i rushed them so i took my time and put another two rounds out to confirm. The next two were about a quarter inc from the others so i dialed it 2 inches to the right to try to pull them over. i shot another two and i eventually ended up with 8 rounds in a 1 1/2" group 1 5/8" to the left of center.

Any ideas what could be going on? I am open to anything!
Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Too much scope and you "rushed' your shots (at least sometimes).
You could also let someone else try a few to see if the results are similar.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Welcome to the shooters forum.
Might be the gun, mounts or scope. If you felt the shots were rushed, my guess its the shooter. No offence intended.

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm brand new to the forum and i thought i would reach out to you guys about an issue I am currently having. I have a Remington 700 ADL chambered in .308 Winchester, paired with a timney trigger (#510), with a vortex Viper HST 6-24x50, in the vortex precision matched rings, currently mounted in a McRees Precision G7 Chassis.

This last trip out to the range to sight in for an upcoming javelina hunt my first two shots were about 4 inches high I dialed down 4 moa and had two touching about an inch and a half to the left. i rushed them so i took my time and put another two rounds out to confirm. The next two were about a quarter inc from the others so i dialed it 2 inches to the right to try to pull them over. i shot another two and i eventually ended up with 8 rounds in a 1 1/2" group 1 5/8" to the left of center.

Any ideas what could be going on? I am open to anything!
Thanks for reading!
If possible, get a hold of a Mechanical boresighting device, a collimator. You will then be able to ascertain whether your scope is actually responding to your inputs of lateral correction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey y'all thanks for the responses, I had my cousin shoot it too, and my buddy both proficient marksman, the holes are stackable, even when they tried to adjust the windage it wouldn't move over.

On a lighter note, I took it hunting this last weekend and harvested my first animal with it (while holding an 1 1/2" to the right nonetheless, but it did get the job done at 93+/- yards.

Since its a Vortex I think I'm gonna send it in and have it checked out. if there's an issue they'll fix it right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts