Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it’s the new year and I am wondering if there is any new or updated info on loading 380 rounds. I have a ruger lcp max, and need a load for it. I have 95gr jhp. I have unique and titegroup on hand. Any thoughts? I only have a newer hornady manual. Makes me feel limited. Thanks for info in advance. The plinkster

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
9,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum, please read the stickies and find a forum topic appropriate; rather than dumping things in the first one you see.

Have you looked at the usual online resources(Hodgdon, Nosler, et Al)?

Cheers

Reactions: kdub

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Your Hornady manual will be good enough for a start, but as Darkkar mentioned the Hodgdon data web site will have latest, up to date data. Of course adding more manuals to your library is a good thing...

·
Super Moderator
13,898 Posts
I'll stick a link in for the new guy: Hodgdon Loading Center will have Titegroup loads. Alliant's data will have Unique load data, but you have to know how to find it, as they don't give it a primary designation for the 380 cartridges. What you have to do is go to their Products, pick handgun powders, and then Click on Unique. On the Unique page, you get the opportunity to see all Unique loads, and one of them is a maximum load for 380 with a 90-grain bullet. All Alliant load "recipes" are maximum loads and they expect you to know to reduce them 10% and work up to, but not exceed, the recipe load they list.

Reactions: JWSmith1959

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I get the Hodgdon annual reloading guide every year. It's quite good, (and inexpensive). You can download the older Accurate/Western loading guide, it has a surprising number of loads with multiple Accurate/Western powders. Alliant has minimal 380 data, but the reloading world is packed with Unique .380 data, and it works great. The Lyman manual has limited .380 data, but it has numbers for both Tite Group and Unique.

For economy shooting, (if there is such a thing these days), Missouri Bullets has a 95gr RN Cast bullet with a polymer coating that shoots just like a jacketed 95gr bullet in all three of my .380's.

Reactions: jimboro

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. These folks have given good advice. Hope you find additional loading data. Let us know hope it works out for you. All the best...
Gil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts