Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying to find a good site to upgrade my featherlight that my dad has recently passed down to me.

Can anyone help me out?

·
Super Moderator
3,826 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Not sure what you are looking for in the way of upgrades. I think the Featherweight is just fine the way it is. All the best...
Gil

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like tactical pistol grips, barrels with rails. Anything i can buy that might improve or change it. I agree it is a great gun and most people wouldn't see a need to upgrade. I guess i am going for a tactical look. So if you can think of a site that has a wide variety of Ithaca "aftermarket" parts please inform me....

·
Banned
434 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Ithaca M37 was available as a Stake-Out Special. Because of the way the barrel mates with the end of the mag tube, longer magazines aren't really practical so the SOS was a pistol grip version with the barrel cut off even with the end of the mag tube. I think it was Parkerized too. It was the smallest practical (5 shot?) tactical gun you could build but I think it was law enforcement only because the overall length was under 26 1/2".

Sorry, no idea where you can get pistol grips etc. My advice if you want to go tactical is sell the M37 and get an M870 and go from there or simply enjoy the M87 UL for the great gun it is and get another gun if you want something tactical.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Designed By: John Browning and John Pedersen
Borders on perfection?

·
Banned
505 Posts
Like tactical pistol grips, barrels with rails. Anything i can buy that might improve or change it. I agree it is a great gun and most people wouldn't see a need to upgrade. I guess i am going for a tactical look. So if you can think of a site that has a wide variety of Ithaca "aftermarket" parts please inform me....
Save the tactical stuff for an 870 or 590a? Pm if you need a list my neighbor is an Ithaca Model 37 and 87 nut. Well a nut for sure!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
i can buy that might improve or change it.
None of the stuff that you have mentioned will improve the Model 37. Quite the opposite.
Pete.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The Ithaca 37 is a great gun as-is. It would break my heart to see one "militarized". Save that for the 870.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Save the Ithaca 37 for small game hunting and get a Mossberg 500 for playing war games. There is a ton of stuff out there for making a 500 into a black gun. Just look at cheaper than dirt, midway, or on evelbay.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry i should have been more clear in my question. I dont give a F**K what any of you think as far as what you would or wouldnt do with the model 37, the question was where can i find aftermarket parts for the gun. I hope this clears it up for all of you.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,095 Posts
You're welcome. I'd suggest taking your attitude somewhere else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.