Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying out different IWB Holsters hoping to find one that I will really enjoy. I was hoping to get some suggestions from all of you to help narrow down the search. I have a Leather Desantis that I am currently using that is sufficient for now and I like the comfortable feel of the leather. I prefer appendix carry at the moment and I'm interested to hear from other IWB users about what's working for you. I am trying to avoid ending up with a drawer full of holsters I don't really like, although I know that may be unavoidable. Specifically I am in the market for two separate holsters to be used for IWB appendix carry of a compact 9mm and a .38 revolver.

·
The Shadow
7,932 Posts
I prefer appendix carry at the moment .
Unfortunately that wording is the Crux of the struggle, and always leads to a drawer full of them.

When I do use an IWB, I like the Alien Gear.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I agree with Alien Gear for a pistol. Their website no longes lists revolvers, though. I recently got a kydex Vedder for a 4" 1911. Has been working out really well. Adjustable for height and cant. Solid feeling lightweight holster. I have also used (and liked) holsters from TT Gunleather, High Noon Holsters and Andrews Gunleather.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Unfortunately that wording is the Crux of the struggle, and always leads to a drawer full of them.
Alas, too true :(

About as close as I can get is a smaller flat auto. My S&W Bodyguard and Shield are OK, in some holster options. My revolvers, not even the M60/36 size, are barely useful.

IWB is the least visible, and usually the least comfortable. Not exactly fast for access.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am told by several people who own them that the Cross Breed Super-Tuck is very comfortable. Might be worth looking at.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an Alien gear 3.5 that I carry a Colt Defender in. I like it alot. My only complaint is the holster did NOT fit my Colt very well. I think they use a generic 1911. The shell was marked Springfield inside. I had to re-mold it to fit. I also use a Crossbreed IWB for a Colt Mustang and a S&W body guard. Again, the body guard fit perfectly but the one for the Mustang wasn't even close. It looked like they used a Kimber or Sig for the form.. The sight channel was so big, the Mustang would fall out if turned upside down.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I can say I gave the appendix inside the waistband a good try. I wanted to carry that way but the truth is I'm not skinny...40 inch waistband . I bought 42 inch pants but I just could not fit all of myself and a revolver down inside my pants with any degree of all day comfort....and if you can't keep the gun on your person all day long...it's not going to work.
If you are slim and trim take a look the Bianchi model 3S Inside the Waistband Holster.
It has a metal ratchet system that allows the angle to be adjusted and the holster can be attached without removing you belt , the full loops have sturdy snaps...I really like this holster and wish I could loose about 25 pounds so I could wear it. It's also a very affordable holster, going for about $50.00 online. Nice holster.

I wish I knew how to avoid the "box of holsters" but the only way to know how something works is to buy one and carry in it. In my case it wasn't the holster it was my "spare tire" that didn't fit ...I take the 3S IWB holster out often and try to figure out a way to use it on the OWB ...but that hasn't happened yet .

Maybe if I turned it around backwards....that might work !
Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts
It really depends a lot on your build, and what you consider compact. I have some overhang in front, and find it much easier to appendix carry my CZ P01 than my Ruger LC9s. Longer barrels work better for appendix carry for me. The most comfortable appendix holster for my CZ is a very inexpensive black nylon Ace Case with extra mag holder. I added a steel clip that even works well with flimsy gym shorts with a drawstring. And it soft, so it’s comfortable. I use Alien Gear Cloak Tuck for IWB carry at 4:00.
Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts