Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
I carry a S&W 340 PD, it's a 357 Mag, nothing is low recoil in that pistol. I use two litter pop bottle for my targets.

One of the best tests is to fill the 2 litter bottle with water to the 2/3 level and then put it in the freezer over night. Then shoot the pop bottle with bullets you think with do the job.

Buy Milk Jugs? Where?

Jerry

·
Banned
502 Posts
Backwoods, then you drive to my place with a lot of ammo, so we can both shoot your pistol at the frozen water filled pop bottle. You can see the damage for a few minutes after you shoot the bottle, instead the water going every where.

With the J frames, you have to be careful about bullet size and weight. Mine says on the barrel nothing less and 120 grain bullets.

Again on my J Frame there is not practical low recoil bullets, I never load anything too light, there are problems with ammo at that end of the spectrum and I don't want my J Frame to blow up from a stuck bullet in the barrel when I need to depend on the pistol.

Plus I found a long time ago to practice with the ammo you are planning on using for your defense, so there are no surprises.

Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.