Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on a scope I found in my grandfather's closet. The only markings on it says J.W. Fecker 8276.
The scope it self if about 26" in length. It is long. It seems to be in good shape. It has some surface rust on it. But other than that it seems ok.
Just kind of wondering what this thing is worth.
One more point it has metal screw on lens caps.
So any info on this would be great.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
Way-way more than you needed to know...but a pretty complete outline of Fecker.

High point would be the hiring of John Unertl as a worker, who later formed his own, better known today, company
http://www.snipersparadise.com/tsmag/may2002.htm

Some of us old guys, who like even older scopes, have used the feckers, Davis, unertl, Liechert, etc. scopes. Have their quirks, the lens lack today/s modern coatings, but the glass is top notch stuff. Are going to need a little more information to place your scope, like the size of the tube, objective lens, etc., but there are collectors that like the old Feckers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a little more info. The eye piece is 1" in diameter and the objective end is 1 3/4". What looks to me as the power is in the middle of the scope and it goes 0-13. It screws in and out and the looks to be numbers on the scope it' self like a grid. On the left side is even numbers 2-14 and on the right side of the grid is odd numbers 1-15.
Other than what I have mentioned is all the marking on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
Feckers adjusted their parallax in the middle of the scope, so that numbered area is for parallax. (Most of today's AO scopes screwed the front the lens element in and out) They didn't make variables, it's a fixed power scope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts