1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17 Posts
We've got a jack russell here as well. All guts, no brains!! I've seen her nose to nose with coyotes barkin' and snarlin'. Then I evened things up.:D
They don't know fear and if something hurts them they go forward hard and fast. No reverse.
Great little farm dogs.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Why do cougars run from ANY dog? It's some basic instinct. A cougar is pure predator and NO dog is any match for an adult cat if it stands its ground and fights. But for some reason they run and climb.

·
Banned
103 Posts
had a 45 pit bull dog like that..he wouldn t last long if the other dogs had say a bear surrounded..he woulda just went for a holt until he got killed..he didn t cullem though when it came to a fight..training black jack to only do that on command would have been like trying to get water to go up in a waterfall..
he was not a biter though an liked most folks..i learned though that if he growled an wasn t friendly to a man..best keep your eye on the fellow.

·
Registered
280 Posts
no first hand experience so any Ben Lilly types feel free to correct, but i have heard a mountain lion would run from barking dogs but turn and attack if the dogs quit barking.

·
Banned
1,510 Posts
Cougars are likely scared of dogs because they associate them with humans (shooting at them with the dogs on the trail), they fear what the dog brings as back up.

Bet your bottom dollar if a cat gets cornered and cannot climb, they will fight. Multiple wolves have been known to kill adult cats as well..so dont sell your dog to far short, a couple good sized dogs could really put a hurt on a cat, maybe dying themselves, but the cat doesnt want to get injured at all.

I guess that cat treed up for that little rat dog the same reason why i have had a big cat run from me in the night. I'm sure it didnt know i had my 30-30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts