Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle was dis-assembling his Ruger P-95 9mm and somehow or another got the barell and spring plunger stuck out the end of the frame and slide an inch or so, but the slide is still in its proper place. I am unable to get the slide off, of the barell ect BACk into place. Cant get it apart at all from here, its locked smooth up! The slide will rack back just far enough to cock the hammer, but thats it. Any suggestions on getting it to take on down from here?

:eek: :confused:

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,103 Posts
Isn't there a little "thingy" that you have to flip forward, reaching in through the ejection port? Sorry for the lack of detail in description... my p89 was this way, and also my p90.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
First, remove the magazine, pull the slide to the rear and secure, then push the ejector forward and down (in an arch), you did not do that?

The spring guide/plunger is in a bind, (carefully) 'bump' it back, start over.

F. Guffey

·
37,103 Posts
I forgot that was the ejector assembly. Too tired to get it out of the safe last night. Thanks to fguffey for the correction.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, remove the magazine, pull the slide to the rear and secure, then push the ejector forward and down (in an arch), you did not do that?

The spring guide/plunger is in a bind, (carefully) 'bump' it back, start over.

F. Guffey

The slide wont go far enough back to lock in place..... the plunger is binded BAD. wont move one single mm. the barrel is sticking out too, along with the plunger.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got It Fixed

NO WORRIES GUYS, Thanks for the help. I figured it out.

On the P-95, what had happend is, the ejector had popped back up. So, since the slide wouldnt go back enough to see this, or to push it back down, I looked up in the mag well, and saw what was happening. I made a little tool out of a coat hanger with a little hook on the end. There is two holes in the ejector, one of top of the other. I reached up through the mag well, and snagged the top hole with the coat hanger hook, gave her a good pull down, and "snap" the slide came right back off =) Then I put her back together, and took it apart a couple more times, and each time if You are'nt carefull when putting the slide back on, the ejector will indeed pop up on ya. So, I will tell him to keep this little wire hook i made in the cleaning kit or pistol box so when it happens again He can fix it within 5 seconds, no prob.

Have a good one friends.

·
37,103 Posts
Good for you. I was wondering if that was possible....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts