Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the rifle I'm referring to;

http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory---buda---win-rifle---1561611-win92td44-bud.shtml

I may have found a used one in Canada. 32-20, 24" barrel, pistol grip, take down, rebounding hammer and tang safety. The take down feature and pistol grip are important to me thus my willingness to step up a bit in price. The equivalent in early Winchesters is stupid expensive.

Anyone own one of these series or handled one.

Looking for info on the guns quality and such, a measured length of pull, and details on the take down function.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Not familiar with this new Winchester Model '92 takedown, made in Japan. I do know that Browning had a Model '92 Winchester Clone in .32-20 WCF as there is one here at a local shop, but it's not a take down version. Browning also manufactured a lever action many years ago in .44 Magnum but I don't recall them offering it in .44-40 WCF.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ordered one in. A Davidson Limited Winchester 1892 Take Down in 32-20. The rifle has a 24" tube. It also has the rebound hammer and tang safety.

I'm excited and will be loading up some 32-20 when the gunarrives.

I've found simple fixes for the rebound hammer and in time the safety could be removed but I really don't see that as necessary.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have 3 Japanese Winchesters - one '92 and two '86s. All are outstanding firearms of truly excellent quality. I think you'll be pleased!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Well I ordered one in. A Davidson Limited Winchester 1892 Take Down in 32-20. The rifle has a 24" tube. It also has the rebound hammer and tang safety.

I'm excited and will be loading up some 32-20 when the gunarrives.

I've found simple fixes for the rebound hammer and in time the safety could be removed but I really don't see that as necessary.
You'll certainly enjoy your Winchester '92 in .32-20 WCF.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts