Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Ted Williams model 200 12 gauge and I was wondering if I can remove the limiting plug and if so how?

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
That is a rebranded Winchester Model 1200.

Open the bolt, unscrew the magazine cap and pull the barrel straight off the front. At the end of the magazine tube is stopped by a spring washer-cap. Pry that cap out (careful, there's a spring behind it) and take out the plug that's under it. Replace the spring washer-cap, put the barrel back on and tighten down the magazine cap and you're done.
I can take pictures of the process, if you need them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please without sounding stupid that metal piece under the cap with a slot cut into it, after I pry that put and take the plug out do I put it back in and use th cap to press it back in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of meant can i use the old washer cap or do I need a new one?

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
Press the metal piece back into the magazine with a small plastic hammer or piece of wood. It's a spring and goes right in unless you catch your fingerprint between the magazine tube and that metal piece :eek: It'll take a bite on the first tap of the hammer! ;) Start by tilting it in on one leg of the gap and working it around to the gap. The magazine cap holds it in. It's common to have guns come into the shop that's missing that little spring retainer. IT got launched into the duck marsh when the game was seen coming and the hunter is scrambling to put the plug in. (A piece of pencil fits through the hole but rattles.)
Re-use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts