Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a good forum to help me with my lever gun desicions. I currently have a Marlin lever gun in .375 Winchester and rather than drop some hefty coin on 20 boxes of ammo, I have decided to purchase a Marlin 1895 in .45-70. I've always wanted one and now I can finally pull the trigger (no pun intended).

Anyways, this looks like a great place to garner some wisdom as well as share any I might have to offer. Oh yeah, "Howdy!" :D

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Lots of 375 Winchester loading data here.
Forum owner Marshall Stanton is a fan of the cartridge.
Good advanced search engine and check out the tech tips on the home page.

·
Super Moderator
13,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to to join in and have fun and play nicely with the rest of us kids.

Enjoy the 1895. I do, mine. But don't lose the .375 unless you need to. Midway has brass. At over $0.50 each, it isn't cheap, per se, but by handloading moderate lead bullet loads and keeping your hot load brass aside for special occasions, you can make it last a long time. Check Marshall's bullet selection or, for that matter, look into casting your own. For plinking and target practice loads, it need not be especially expensive to shoot.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Shooter7; Welcome to the best forum on the web! I think you will find, as I did, that there is a whole lot of levergun stuff going on here!!!!

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would not get rid of the 375. You will definately enjoy a companion 45-70. Lots of lever gun fans here including me. Looking forward to reading some of your posts.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shooter7! Hope you enjoy your stay. This definitelt is the nicest gun related forum out there. We look forward to your input.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Welcome Shooter7. Let me know how that 1895 45-70 shoots; does it have a plastic butt plate, or recoil pad? I have two 1895's in 45-70; one an LTDIII w/18" octagon barrel, and the other an LTDIV with 24" octagon barrel, but I've never fired them. Both have the plastic butt plate.

I think you'll enjoy your time here.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
welcome friend.. from w virginny i see . :) long shootin carries interest for me also.. although what you call long is probably way more than what i call long shootin..welcome to the forum. slim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts