Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Nice lookin' rifle, guys here own alot of them.

You'll have to let us know how she shoots! ;)

·
Banned
61 Posts
Looks nice, there is alot info here for using the 357 rifle for plinking and big game hunting. It has lots of power and low recoil too.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It looks to be in great shape so I think you done good.

I've got two 357mag Rossis, a 24" rifle and 20" carbine and I really like them both. Your's is an early model without the stupid bolt safety but with the front sight incorporated into the front band and the correct staple mounted saddle ring.

If you find that the action is too stiff and/or you feel that you want to slick it up a bit, give our own Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve Young) a call at(409) 984-5473 (Steve's Gunz) and he can sell you a DVD on how to do an action and trigger job on it that will make it slick as snot!

You should also buy a metal magazine follower as your's is plastic and they will bind up. In addition, all you need to buy for the action job is an extractor spring as the DVD will tell you how to rework everything else.

I did both of mine and the difference is great! Many friends at our range have tried my Rossis and they all comment how nice the actions and triggers are. Besides, Nate (Steve) is a really good guy who'll be there to talk you through any issues / questions you have with the work.

Oh, if you have second thoughts about your purchase, all you have to do is mention it both here and on Leverguns.com and I'm sure that someone will be happy to buy it from you for the $349 you paid for it; I would.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks for the information, guys. I did not think about the front sight. Is there a fix, as I understand this configuration is less accurate?
Steve at Steve's Gunz does a conversion for it, however, you should really shoot it first. You might find that you do just fine with the std front sight. I got a 3/32" brass bead front sight for my newer 20" carbine and I'm not sure that I'm any more accurate with it than I was with the original one. If you're going for accuracy, get a 1/16" brass bead. I have that version on my 24" rifle and that does make a big difference!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts