Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
<!--QuoteBegin--arkypete+May 14 2002,05:40--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (arkypete @ May 14 2002,05:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->The above advice is right on the money. I use the RCBS pot, matter of fact I've got three RCBS, one Lyman 20 pounder and the Lee 10 pounder. The Lyman and Lee don't get much of a work out any more, the Lyman pot is used for casting 375 bullets with very hard alloy.
I'd suggest that any mold made by anybody other then Lee would serve you well. I'd go so far as to say that any equipment made by anybody other then Lee will make your bullet casting efforts pleasant and productive.
Jim[/quote]
<<I'd go so far as to say that any equipment made by anybody other then Lee will make your bullet casting efforts pleasant and productive>>

I'd take good natured exception to that contention. No- Lee molds and pots are not the equal of RCBS, but at 20% or so of that cost-- MANY folks do quite well with them. Lee molds run the gamut-- from gem to rotten road apple. Trick is learning how to refine and polish them-- which is easily done. As for the pots-- replacement elements are all of $10 IF you manage to burn one out. Otherwise they function just fine. Lee push thru sizing is the best system out there- talking just sizing.

Thing is- Lee has got a ton of people into casting with that price structure. Add a little ingenuity, and Fancy is as Fancy does.

If your going top dollar equippment, skip the Lyman. RCBS has the warranty and customer service worthy of their tag. Lyman's is here today and gone tomorrow-- ya never quite know. Lyman has the better bullet designs, but their two cav block is bean counter designed. Result is a higher ratio of poor casting blocks going out to casters. Just is unacceptable, especially considering the old Ideal/Lyman tradition of yrs past.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.