Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I posted a while back about buying a .308 hunting rifle, but when it came time to buy I was concerned I wouldnt have time to save up for an AR after buying a Remington before restrictions were added to them. ANYWAYS bought a Stag Model 2 for $900 today. I've seen plenty selling the same gun for $1,000-$1,100 so Im happy.

Now my question, can I add rails to the stock barrel cover or do I have to put on a full rail system? AND what other upgrades would yall recommend?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You can buy rails that will work with the factory hand guard. My suggestion is shoot it and decide what you are using the AR for, the sky is the limit for accessories.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
ARs fairly beg for accessories to be added unto them. Look, research, think and choose wisely. If yours is a flat-top, the sky is the limit...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys

Wow I wish I lived in America (I’m UK – Manchester based) I paid £1000 for my Spike Tactical 22lr, and its 22 rimfire, not even a centre fire calibre. We are seeing more of the AR15 style rifles but still they are fairly rare.

As BSN says though work out what you want to use it for before making any modifications and remember rails and mods really can really increase the weight which is ok when target shooting from a bench rest but will tire you out when tactical shooting.

Stag Model 2 very nice btw!

Cheers

If at first you don’t succeed, reload.
www.theshootingwiki.co.uk/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts