Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new 444p and I need adivce on loads and powder charges for deer and hogs. Also why are there only one reasonably priced factory load for this caliber? Seems to me this is a popular caliber?  I plan to hand load but I don't want to pay 30-40 dollars for loaded ammo.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tony,

I often think this site could become a 444 Marlin web site. The 444 is, our hero, Marshall Stanton's pet cartridge. I'm sure I'll buckle under the pressure and pick up an Outfitter before too long. There's plenty of data on loading and all sorts of other great information on this round already posted here. You can use the SEARCH feature, typing in 444 Marlin, and enjoy.

As far as factory ammo is concerned I'll plead ignorance. I haven't bought factory rifle ammo in quite some time. You can always load up something more accurate, cheaper, or both on your own.

Enjoy your new rifle.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Welcome aboard the triple four train!

You'll really come to appreciate that .444P and it's handy length along with the reduced recoil thanks to Marlins superb porting techniques!

Here are some loads that work superbly in my outfitter model .444P!

BTB .432"-290g LFNGC/53.0g RL-7/WLRP/Rem Brass/2364 fps

BTB .432"-280g WFNGC/54.0g RL-7/WLRP/Rem Brass/2432 fps

BTB .432"-330g LFNGC/56.0g H335/WLRP/Rem Brass

These should get you going!   Of the bunch, the .432"-330g LFNGC bullet load is my favorite do-it-all round for this gun.   Sighted in 3" high at 100 yards, this pill makes the .444 a very viable 200 yard game harvester!

Enjoy!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts