Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 8X56R ammo that has the reichmark (or however you spell it) looks to be dated 1938, in original stripper clips and boxes. Am wondering if it might be worth anything?? It is for my M95 Styer and I have fired 10 rounds of it when I first bought the rifle. Then disassembled the rifle and gave it a good hot bath in soapy water, put it back together and haven't shot it since due to it hitting 16 inches high at 50 yards, but it did group pretty decent.

Markings on the case as follows:

12 o'clock........VIII
3 o'clock.........38
6 o'clock.........Reichmark
9 o'clock.........19

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,724 Posts
Used to be you could get that stuff dirt cheap. Not sure if the supply has dried up, but there's probably a bit of it floating around yet. Check on Cheaper than Dirt, Century Arms, AIM, SOG, and the other usual military surplus channels.

Whether a particular headstamp would be more valuable, I have no idea.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
I had a Steyr Carbine M95 straight bolt and about 500 rounds of that stuff.

Kicked like a mule. Cleaned the gun, and sold the gun and ammo to a collector. 95% of the ammo I had [some 10 years ago] had the same markings... Corrosive stuff too.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Very common ammo and not particularly collectable, despite the German Nazi markings (made during Nazi regime). Folks think the Nazi mark jacks up the price but not in this case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts