Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw today that K-Mart has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy,  they made a decision to not sell firearms and ammo a while back, and i'm sure that many of us sportsmen quit doing business with them,  i wonder if the lost business from Americas shooters and sportsmen has had an impact on them....makes ya wonder dont it....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I quit going to them several years ago because the customer service in so many of their stores is just awful.  I'm sure that issue has been a real back-breaker for them, whether corporate even realizes it or not.  Then they go and REALLY alienate a large customer base.  Not good.
Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have put 23 years of my life into K-Mart,working at the largest warehouse that they        own at 2.2 million square feet under roof.They just spent 40 million on the building and trailer parking area so they can park up to 1500 trailers.Nobody at the warehouse incuding the GM has any say in the day to day operations,all instructions come from corporate headquarters.Over 900 people work there and about half of us hunt and shoot,we all sighned a petition about not selling the ammo and faxed it to headquarters in Troy Michigan.The reply was and I quote(This is the decision made by Chuck Conoway as chairman and CEO in that to lower our liability in the area of hand gun violence and this will be put into policy reguarding all K-Mart stores at such time to be determined.) This is all we could do .
  I know that my future with this companyis in serious jepardy and some of the decisions made at the top have gone terribly wrong,but they have provided me with a home and land and more guns than I care to admit to. I have worked here since highschool so I guess I'll ride this ship till it sinks
  Thanks for letting me say my piece,and I hope we come out of this someway somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts