Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of buying a K98 mauser from this web site

http://mauser.org/rifles/K98k German/index.htm

what i need to know is this a real K98 with authentic markings? or is this just another k98 that has been marked to look like a GI nazi issue mauser.

and does anyone know anything about this site? is it legit?

·
Banned
507 Posts
Are you buying this for the antique military value or for a shooter?

I have seen a couple of places that claim to have found issue and unissued rifles. My brother just bought a Mauser 98K, 1944 manufacture that had a sporter stock on it, clean bore for $100.

So you will never find a collectable in my home, they all get shot.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Mitchell's has a reputation for overpricing things that may or may not be what they are represented to be.

I would be very careful here. Talk to collectors.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It depends

The ad says the rifles were factory overhauled which impact collector value. I have been able to find original Kar98k Mausers that had the stocks cut to make them into a sporter for very little money. In some cases it was easy to get a military stock and end up with a mostly original rifle. Take care...
Oberndorf

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Gomer
If you want a shooter with Zero collectors value buy it! These are for the most part rework Yugo rifles- Ground and restamped to match-no collectors value. Some are RC -Russian captured weapons! IE real German WWII but have very little Collectors value cause Mitcheal have reworked/restamped them to match! I heard that they make good shooters but they are pricey! I you want a real German WWII rifle look around at gunshows, shops as there are quite a few WWII vet passing away that have real ones that actually were used in the war- I was lucky my Dad gave me two he brought back when he passed!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts