Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot or used these single shot muzzleloading pistols. They are interchangeable single barrel handguns that run in calibers from 36 to 54 with barrel lengths from 10 to 14 inches.

They seem to be quite impressive. I have been thinking about them but I'm looking for opinions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 1 of the Kahnke pistols in .50 cal with a 12" barrel.  It shoots very well, but appears to be somewhat fussy about which conical bullets it will shoot well.  

I shoot .495 rd. balls with 40 gr. FFFg; it will shoot these into about 1.5" or a little less at 50 yards with a good rest.  I also shoot 300 gr. Hornady XTP jacketed pistol bullets (.452" diam.) with MMP sabots and 70 gr. FFFg.  It shoots these about the same as the .495 round balls.  Recoil and muzzle blast with this load is significant.  I have not found a lead conical that shot very good in my pistol.  Additionally, I have shot other jacketed pistol bullets and the 300 gr. XTP is the best I've found in my gun.   Although I understand that some of the swaged conicals (e.g. Buffalo bullets, Hornady Great Plains) shoot well I'm not very interested in shooting them.  I like to cast my own bullets; however, I'm still looking for a good conical to cast that will shoot well in this gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts