Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a kahr .45 from a buddy and was just wondering if anybody has experience with one. I like the feel of the gun and am getting a good deal. Thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Excellent quality. Not fun to shoot if you have large hands. That may not be of high priority if you are just going to use if for CCW.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I got a great deal on a Kahr CW45 last year, same gun as the P45 but shipped with plastic sights and only one magazine. I loved the gun, but had one problem I could not overcome. The ultra-slim and comfortable grip frame put the mag release button right where my thumb would hit it every time unless I thought about it first and gripped the gun in one specific, non-natural way. Not good for a self defense gun! I emphasize that this was a problem for me, and might not be a problem for a different pair of hands. As much as I liked it, I got a chance to trade it for a like-new Glock 36 with night sights, three mags, and a holster, and bid the Kahr a fond farewell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok what if you have small hands would y'all recommend this gun? It fits my Hans unlike the glocks( I'm not hati g on them I just can't get a great grip on them) so would this gun be good?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have no problems with the CW45. I like the fact that it's about as thin as anything out there, has essentially nothing to snag on clothing, and it shoots very well. It is more sensitive to ammo than some other guns, so you will definitely want to make sure that if you're carrying it you first test it out with the ammo you intend to use. The trigger pull is long and the let off isn't as defined as I would like, but it works great for a carry gun.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had an all-black P45 that I bought used (but mint) for several years now, and like it a lot---slim and lightweight, but with big bullets. Not really a fun/plinking pistol for sure---has "noticeable" recoil. My only issue with the gun was the cast-in checkering on the backside of the grip was way too harsh---a few minutes with a nailfile fixed this and it doesn't look any different---just feels a lot better.
The issue poster #3 had with the magazine release could be a faulty mag release---Kahr had some issues with a few batches of mag releases that would allow the mag to drop down while firing the pistol---Kahr will send new parts for free.
Like I said, this is not a gun for fun shooting---this ia a serious small pistol with large bullets...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
The issue poster #3 had with the magazine release could be a faulty mag release---Kahr had some issues with a few batches of mag releases that would allow the mag to drop down while firing the pistol---Kahr will send new parts for free.
True, but mine got the fix and kept the problem. It behaved itself perfectly in the hands of numerous other shooters and so, eventually, I faced up to the fact -- the shooter was the problem!:eek:;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts