Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this isn't quite in the right place...but does anybody know anything about the Kel=Tec Carbine, in .40, or 9mm. I want to get rid of my HighPoint. The thing is picky about its mags, at times and jams. It shoot like a dream, at times.

Anyway, I want it for plinking, out to 100 yards or so.

Do they run, and are they reliable?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Well, I have seen a few posts like this and it appears the .40 seems to jam and the 9mm is okay. I -was- thinking of the .40. Is this what your High Point is?

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
I had a Sub-2000, in 9mm. It accepted Beretta mags. It shot great, ran fine, but shooting it lefty, I ate ALOT of hot brass:mad:

Sold it after the self abuse, and bought a Ruger PC4, in .40 cal to go along with the G23.
Kel-tecs are pretty well made, the folding option is great as a back-packing gun, but that is as long as you realize the limitations of the pistol cartridge it is shooting. Guess it would be a good option for a survival style gun, but in that choice, I'd opt for a .22.

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
Had one in 9m that never gave me a bit of trouble and was quite accurate, would accept Glock mags, including he 33 round version. Haven't owned a .40.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've got the .40 that uses Glock mags. Works very well out to 100yds - but beware the bolt knob! The first time you forget it will remind you....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, my HP is in .40. I also use it to shoot 3-gun. The 10 rounds mags...lets just say that I leave a trail of mags when I shoot a course. The last 2 matches, I had several jams. It will easily hold the head, on a normal target at 50 yards...and I mean when shooting a complete mag.

Can you use a scope or dot on the KT?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, my HP is in .40. I also use it to shoot 3-gun. The 10 rounds mags...lets just say that I leave a trail of mags when I shoot a course. The last 2 matches, I had several jams. It will easily hold the head, on a normal target at 50 yards...and I mean when shooting a complete mag.

Can you use a scope or dot on the KT?
Sure - IF you never fold it up!

Mine came with an underbarrel laser & light rail in the grip. Both worked well with the design. If you're one of those that can "tilt" your CQB to pick up a dot, then that might work. Vertically overbore, though, means "No-foldy-for-you!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts