Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
11 Posts
I have to agree with ribbonstone and Mr Gates. The market is driven, not pulled. The superfast round does have the advantage of flat trajectory, but I have to temper that with a few facts:
1. It consumes more powder.
2. It will cause more wear in the barrel.
3. It will shorten your case life.
4. The round will be "inside" the target area for a shorter peroid of time. (When the round passes all the way thru)
5. The longer the bullet is inside the subject, the more energy it will absorb from the bullet, thus increasing the shock load.

I could be wrong, but I have shot some fine loads that were sloooooo.....

:eek:

· Banned
11 Posts
MikeG,

Can you elaborate a little on the metplat value of a projectile? Your views seem to be very sound. How does the shape of the bullet factor when looking at stability, trajectory, penetration, and dispersion?

After reading your post it almost makes me think there may be some "sweet spot" one should try to find in a load. It may not necessarily be in the 24-2600fps range yet vary on each design and caliber.

I appreciate your views, they are helping me achieve a higher level of understanding...Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.