Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question, I used to wear progressive lens glasses and just shot with them on. I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. I now have 20/20 back for distance, but need cheaters for reading. I looked through my scopes and was able to adjust them so that I can see the reticle fine. My question however pertains to open sight and handguns as those sights are now blurry. Those of you in my situation, did you get prescription shooting glasses to enable you to see up close, or just go with regular shooting glasses?

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
I've never worn prescription glasses and had a cataract removed from my shooting eye in 2003. I've not noticed any difference with open sights but I did have to adjust the eyepiece on every scope.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,627 Posts
My glasses look like the bottom of a Coke bottle.

Ok, that said I can shoot open sights better with contacts and no adjustment for blurry close stuff than I can with my stupid progressives.

I suppose each individual is different as in how much help we need "close up" too. I'm fortunate I have long arms 😁

RJ

Reactions: shooterPaul

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've read where several shooters have gotten prescription glasses made just for the shooting sports but they had to find an eye doctor that would work with them. Some had the lens ground/made so the improved vision was where it needed to be, but again, the eye doctor has to work with you to get that "spot" defined or identified.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts