Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Trail Guns Armory Kodiak Mark III double rifle in .54x.54, and have only shot a few conicals in it. I'm interested in working up a round ball load, but I'm curious whether the barrels will shoot patched balls accurately. The barrels have a 1:48" twist, and I've never shot round balls in that fast a barrel. I've heard men say they do well enough if charges are kept at a moderate level, but won't really handle heavy loads with accuracy. Anyone have any experience with this twist rate and round balls, any opinions?

Spence

·
Inactive
1,962 Posts
The T/C Hawkins and Renegade, their New Englander, the Lyman Trade Rifle, and many more are all 1-48 twist. You will find a lot of people saying that the moderate twist will not shoot roundball. BUT I disagree with that. Mine shoot roundball real well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The T/C Hawkins and Renegade, their New Englander, the Lyman Trade Rifle, and many more are all 1-48 twist. You will find a lot of people saying that the moderate twist will not shoot roundball. BUT I disagree with that. Mine shoot roundball real well.
I know that the T/C Hawkins and the Lyman Trade Rifle are said to be good shooters and assumed they had 1:48 twist, but didn't know for sure. Thanks.

Spence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.