Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Scotland

I have a Krico .22 semi-auto, which also locks to become single shot. It sports a nice walnut hog backed stock and a 22.5" barrel, which is threaded and takes a parker hale sound moderator, with CCI or Win sub-sonics it not only shoots excellant groups and cycles with out any jams but is also extremely quiet, particularly when it is "locked" on single shot.

This rifle has taken hundreds or Rabbit, a few crows, wood pigeons, but mainly is a Rabbit gun either lamping at night or sniping and stalking around the Rabbits warrens. I love this rifle and have " NEVER" even concidered trading it or selling it, WHY ? i have never seen any thing better !

But me only "niggle" is that when i screw on the sound moderator the rifle feels about 30 foot long ! and the lovely balence goes to #### !

My questions to you guys are How short can i cut the barrel ? 12"  14" 15" 16" I ONLY FIRE SUB-SONIC ammo in this rifle. By reducing the barrel length i want it approx 20"-22" long WITH the moderator fitted, i also do not want my group tightness to suffer ?

I will get a gunsmith to do the work so it is only your veiws on what barrel length i can get away with and still keep my groups tight with sub-sonic ammo.

Regards Englander

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
I have a Krico .22LR Semi Auto rifle and I also think it rivals the ruger 10/22. I have no answer to your question but instead have a question for you - Where did you buy the rifle and can you still buy magazines for it and where abouts (web address please)?
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I don't believe there is any direct relationship between accurracy and barrel length.
What you must consider is that you are going change something on a known accurate rifle. It is difficult to predict what that change may effect?
If it is done with skill it should only change the length of the barrel.
Cheezywan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts