Shooters Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
When using my chrono, I have to back up about 15 feet with rifle calibers. I shoot handguns at 10 feet.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Oh! Get real! Do you know how many friggen bullets have been fired during every deer and squirrel season, each year, for the last 90 years in these woods. Find something else to "whine" about.
Ill tell the gun club board as they try to meet rules regarding lead on the trap/skeet ranges.
Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. Seems to be a good "stress reliever" , just poking holes in paper. I have some customers who like to "brag" about having a .22 tack-driver. So, I have them stop by with their tack-driver and then we see if they can actually hit some little orange dots the same size as a thumb tack:

Any and all are free to copy this target, it's fun to try. I use the same target paper that the NRA targets are printed on. 100 count pack off ebay, pretty dang cheap and then I can print out my own targets.
I shoot empty 20 ga shotgun shells off the back stop at 100 yards w/ my Rem 513T,
Does that count as a tack driver?
I cheat though as it has a 12x Unertl on it . . .

·
Registered
580 Posts
Still great accuracy though. I don't care if you use a 40x.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It seems, that currently, CCI is about the only American manufacturer of .22 rimfire ammunition seemingly trying anything new with their brand of rimfire ammunition.
I agree. It seems like that for years 22 rimfire ammo makers were going on the philosophy that more is better, but I've found some of the CCI sub-sonic stuff shoots better in one gun and gives me more flexibility. The sub-sonic rated 1,050fps shoots dead-on in my revolver with fixed sights. Standard and high velocity stuff always shot way high. The CCI Quiet with segmented bullets rated at 710fps is great for popping squirrels in my wooded back yard without freaking out neighbors. It is very precise at the 60 ft. distances I shoot. In my Ruger 10/22, the chrony shows I get exactly what is advertised as velocity. These will not cycle the action (I didn't expect them to), but give me something way more effective on squirrels than my air rifle, and not any noisier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still great accuracy though. I don't care if you use a 40x.
I used to have fun during the summers when in HS & college - taking a pie plate smeared w/ jelly and waited for yellow jackets/flies to appear - and shot them off, w/ use of same scope.
All the indoor and outdoor comp's I participated in from age 11-21- the best accuracy I got from it was w/ simple/cheap Federal Stand. Vel. 40grn LRN - averaged/qualified 369 out of 400 4 position slow-fire at 50 and 75 feet - with Redfield iron sights (and much better eyes) - back in the 70's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I shoot empty 20 ga shotgun shells off the back stop at 100 yards w/ my Rem 513T,
Does that count as a tack driver?
I cheat though as it has a 12x Unertl on it . . .
50 Yard Bench-Rest Comp 2 summer's ago, with cheap Rem Thunderbolt ammo
Same 513T w/ Unertl
1st/only time I participated before Cov.

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts