Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a laser bore sighting device for 17-45 caliber. Nothing too fancy.

Anybody know of a good one? Model number, source?

Thanks

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Check Sportsmansguide.com or Cheaperthandirt.com. They have some decent laser bore sighters for around 30-40 bucks. I have one of the least expensive Laserlyte devices and it works great. It has saved me hours and lots of ammo.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I like the Aimshot system - basically a shell with a laser in it. It is not the cheapest but not the most expensive but it makes sense.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I use the bushnell laser bore sighting tool. I comes with a laser and a bunch of different arbors for different bores. It was only ~$25 and works really well. The laser is a little dim, but not bad. If you are using it at high-noon in direct sunlight, you may have to put your target in a box.

I chose that instead of the cartridge style laser because I can use it for many different calibers and cartridges. I shoot a lot of .30cal stuff and with the cartridge laser, I would have to buy a different piece for each: .308, 30-06, 30-30, 300WinMag, etc, etc.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
For daylight use, I have a piece of reflective tape on a power pole about 50 yards from the shop. Works great.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I use the Laserlyte brand and like it a lot !!! It's inexpensive to boot. If you need an arbor for a 45 or 50 caliber muzzleloader you can just poke a hole in the center of a sabot for the desired caliber. It works great and saves firing a lot of expensive sabot bullets. You can also sight in open-sited rifles and handguns as well. HD1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the idea of the breach laser too, but too much $$$ to get them all.

So I'll opt for the muzzel laser. I read some noy so good report on the Bushnell, but now some of you like it, so I'm leaning that direction.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts