Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a new rifle and was interested in the Savage/Lazzeroni Patriot .308 combo that sells for less than $700 and is supposed to be extremely accurate and a good long range punch caliber. The only box of cartridges I can find is on Lazzeroni's website and it's 99 bucks. Does anybody know of anywhere I can get some in that caliber cheaper because I am not buying a rifle and paying 99 bucks for every box of ammo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have just selected one of the most expensive lines of ammunition I know.  The brass is made from .416 Rigby brass, and then reformed by a custom maker who is very proud of his work.  The dies are listed as custom by RCBS and Redding.  They will run from $180 on up, depending on caliber, not to mention more for the forming dies, if you decide to roll your own.

If cost is a factor, look elsewhere.

dclark

·
Registered
471 Posts
The think the Lazzeroni's are proprietary cartridges.  You can either buy them from the proprietor, or pack your own.  These are the only alternatives I know about.  There could be some custom loaders loading for it but I'll bet it'll cost a lot more than good handloads.  I haven't compared them but I'll bet the 300 Rem Ultra Mag is close in performance, and cheaper to shoot too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts