Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that Veral Smith is no longer producing his excellent bullet molds, but are they available elsewhere?  I'm particulary interested in some of the specialty molds that he made, particularly the "quiet bullet" and the ogival wadcutter for some experiments I want to do with a .41 magnum.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
Applegate will cut a cavity for anything you want virtually. So will a few other mould makers. You will WAIT too if they have to make the cherry.

Cast Performance sells molds of LBT design also but am unsure of the design parameters that they will allow.

Regards

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cast Performance was getting theirs from Ballisti-Cast.  They offer a decent selection of the more common designs (LFN and WFN mainly), but nothing along the lines of what you are asking about.  By the time an outfit like NEI that cherry-cuts charges you the &#36200 fee for making the cherry, you're into serious money for "experiments".  The most likely avenue would be to have one of the mould makers who lathe-bores, like Hoch, do a mould for you.
Mark

·
Registered
130 Posts
as mentioned either Hoch or Moss will lathe bore any design if you have samples or drawing. in steel molds, cost is about &#36175 for a DC mold and handles, Plus a few weeks to wait.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There is a brand new LBT QUITE Bullet mold on E-BAY right now. If you contact the seller Wayne  Dudna [email protected] he might have more of them in other calibers. I have gotten several LBT molds from him, He is excellent to deal with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts