Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received a mould from Veral since he's been back in business? I'm getting ready to order one and would like to know if everything is as it was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LBT mold

I got mine Monday --it is a .41 cal 230 gr. LWN--had a break in period and it is now starting to cast really good bullets- workmanship is great and you get detailed instructions on the how to and the way of using the mold- I have not fired any yet but will this weekend-- I hope- if yu have any more questions i might ccan answer I will be glad to try

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grady,
Keep me posted on how this works out for you. I'd be ordering a 41 as well, but a bit heavier.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good bullets

I got my first really good bullets yesterday- he recomends if you dip --I do --to pour it in the mould never actually touch dipper to mold -- so I am having to relearn -- and find a way that suits me and gives consistent results -- I have just past the 100 or so break in -- the few that I shot since begining have shot well at 40 yards under 2"-- the bullets look good and I figure that once I get my method down it will cast good bullets easily- I knew I do not like Lyman style gas checks and I still do not but I guess that they work. any thing else? Mine is a very well made mold

·
Registered
268 Posts
Could you gentleman tell me how one contacts Veral Smith to buy moulds ??

Thanks

Englander

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They also specifically state that they don't want to be called on the phone, like I did, in the catalog they send out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The call

They called me asked a few questions -- she --who ever she was was very nice -- I have an NEI mold and it is great but this is made very different- I mailed them what I wanted then they called me --been gone on business so just got back so now I will begin the testing& casting

·
Registered
3 Posts
One good thing about Veral being back, the prices of LBT moulds and tools it back to where us normal guys can afford them. I once saw a new LBT 2 cavity mould for 45 Colt go for over $300.00 on ebay. An LBT lead tester went for over $450.00!! Some people have too much money. ==Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with you about the prices of LBT molds __ I tried to get a couple off of E-bay and the prices were way too high - -- being avaiable again will change that

·
Registered
204 Posts
What is the price of the new LBT catalog?

Also, does anybody know it copies of Veral Smith's book are still available? If so, what is the price of the book?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The catalog, it's really a flyer, is free. The book, hardness tester, etc is all available. Write them a letter and they'll send you their flyer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts