Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to cast LBT syle bullets, but I don't know ware I can buy the molds.  Does anybody know?  Thanks for any help.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Veral Smith, originator of Lead Bullet Technologies, has been away from the business for several years. I don't know if he's back or even if he had plans to do so. LBT molds may be hard to come by and at a premium price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
HI JAKE, I ORDERED A MOULD FOR THE 475 FROM KELLY BROST LAST YEAR. HIS MOULD MAKER IS CUTTING LBT DESIGN IN STEEL BLOCKS. MINE IS A DOUBLE CAVITY .476 LFNGC .360 NOSE TO CRIMP. I ASK FOR A MOULD AT THE TIME I ORDERED IT THAT WOULD DROP A BULLET AS CAST @.477 AND 410GR MAX. WHEN I RECIEVED THE MOULD THREE WEEKS AFTER I ORDERED IT. THE AS CAST DIA. WAS .477.3 AND AS CAST WEIGHT OF 408GR. THIS IS WITH A 1/2LB OF 95-5 BLENDED WITH WW ALLOY. BOTTOM LINE I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH THE MOULD. YOU CAN SEE THE DATA ON THE MOULDS AT www.castperformance.com. HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have several Cherry Cut Brass Moulds from Robert Applegate which I find to produce great bullets.  Mine are for the 45 colt, with 0.500 noses in both the 325 LFN and 350 LFN GC, and a 300 WFN that will fit standard 45 Colts.

I don't know what all else he has developed caliber/weight/design wise.  Quality is great, but he is very busy, so I don't know what the lead time would be.

I know that the 0.452 300 WFN that Beartooth makes is cast using his mould.

He can be reached at:

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts