Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
I agree about using shotgunning as practice for running game, it difinitely helps. My long time hunting friend likes to swing ahead of the animal, keeping his rifle moving at approximately the same speed and when he has the desired lead, he fires.
This technique has never worked for me and I prefer an "overtaking" method. I swing onto the running animal from behind, with my rifle swinging much faster than the target. As my sights cross the vitals, or just ahead of them, I pull the trigger with the rifle still moving.
Both of us have had good success shooting at running pigs with our different techniques. You do get used to certain rifles though. This morning I shot two pigs on the trot with my new .35 Remington - hit them both a bit too far back. Guess I'm used to the faster locktime and flightime of my .260 Rem!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.